Thursday, October 1, 2009

Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Slaughterhouse five, although I have not read even a quarter of it, seems like its gonna be one of those books that you know is funny, but its funny in a way that the places that you are laughing, you never would've seen it coming. Its almost as Vonnegut Jr. wrote the book like anyone normally would but then took all of the funny spots and flipped them into separate sections in the book. It is also a very jumpy book, and when I say jumpy, there hasn't been one minor plot or single character to follow and like. I believe that this is one of those books that I'm going to need someone who understands it to explain it too me. I am usually good at following books and all of the minor details in books or movies or anything like that but in this incredibly jumpy book, its becoming harder for me to be able to know whats going on. This may sound like I do not like the book but that is false, I very much am enjoying Slaughterhouse Five. Vonnegut Jr. to me is a great writer not only because his writings are incredibly funny but also because when he writes his books, once you get past all of the crazy plots going on, he writes like a real human being, and sure, maybe any good author should be able to do that, but when he does it, its just different, it seems like my friends could have written it, and I don't mean that Vonnegut Jr. seems like a simple student writer, no offense to my friends, Mr Vonnegut Jr. simply put is a professional and is writing exactly like a professional should. Thank you for writing this book which so far has been so thoroughly enjoying for me, Mr. Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment