Honestly, this book does not really make sense to me. I think I made a poor judgment in choosing this book. First of all, its one of the slowest books that I've read in my life. Foer's Writing style also completely confuses me. He seems to try to show that his character is Russian but to me he overdoes it. His word choice consists of leaving out or switching around many words that are essential in the English language and using words that I have never heard of or rarely use. Although this is nice because one of my major reading goals was to make sure that I got many new vocab words out of each new book that I would read but in this category, Foer again overdoes it. I do have to blame myself though, I probably should have picked up on this trend when I wrote down fifteen new vocabulary words by the time that I had finished page four. Maybe in several years I would like to give this book another chance because my sister did recommend it to me and she does know me well, but as of right now I do not like this book and I have no yearning feeling inside to stick with it. There are many books out there that I stuck with even if they were slow because I cared about the character and the plot but so far in this book there has been too many characters to keep track of. I truly was trying to keep up with this book. i spent a good amount of time this week reading it just to see if I was able to hang with it but when you only read twenty five pages in an allotted time of nintey minutes, something is definatly up. After reading only twenty five pages I have already encountered probably ove twenty five different characters. i think that the best books have you really caring bout the character but in this book, which character am I suppossed to care about, one of the three parents, someone in the Shetetl, Bitzl Bitzl, Trachim, Alex's dog or again Shapka, another name for the youngest alex. this book is just too confusing for me and I hope to start a new book as soon as possible.
Nothing Personal Mr. Foer, I'm only fifteen and this book is simply too hard for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment