Thursday, January 21, 2010
Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancy
Well I did it, I finally finished the book and I have to say, right to the end it amazed me. His writing is so genius because throughout the book you come to love all the characters, because in war sure you pick sides but in the end on both sides of the fighting lines there are good genuine men. All of Tom Clancy's main characters in this book were very likable people and when the book was wrapping up I got very nervous, When Russia loses what will come of the russian general Aleleyev, a character whom I have come to love, well anyway in the end of the book, I wont go into detail about the end but just know that everyone who is a good man gets what he deserves and its pretty much a happy ending after all. it was a challenging read and took a long time but the best book that i have ever read by far. I recomend it to everyone as long as they are ready for two things: Being stuck on a book for a couple months and the adventure ride of a life. I will definatly be reading more Tom Clancy in the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
EA-
ReplyDeleteThe best things about your blogs is the voice. Blogs are supposed to have a voice and be more relaxed and you do a great job of doing that--I really feel like you are personally saying this to me which is awesome. You do a good job of not just giving a plot summary btu really explaining the different qualities of the book. Finishing the book clearly has brought you a lot of satisfaction. After reading through your blogs about it, it seems like a very cool, interesting book that I plan to read in the near future.
-Mike Wachs
Very well thought out response, Ethan. I really like that you did more of your personal take on the book rather than just state what happened. It’s good to see that you bond with the characters. I would love to read the book, because it is obviously a challenging read (as you stated and hinted from the fact that it took you more than a month to finish. I usually don’t like books about war that end out happily because in truth war is not a happy thing, and just to feel happy for the characters is not enough for me, I really like to think about all the people affected by the war. I may or may not pick up this book in the future. Again, good job Ethan.
ReplyDelete