Thursday, December 3, 2009
Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancy
I have always been interested in things like war since I was a kid, and Tom Clancy is probably the most notorious war author that I know of. I always knew that at some point I would be reading a book by him but I had no idea that this book would be this hard. Its a great plot so I will definatly stick with it but when it takes 2-3 minutes to read one page you know that the book may be a little out of your league. What has me going back to this book is the plot. It can be looked at as complicated but also very simple. Essentially, terrorists blow up 3/10s of Soviet Russia's oil supply and Russia's only option if they want to remain a world power is to fight NATO and invade the middle east for oil. On the more complicated level you have members of America's armed forces tracking all of the Russian's moves trying to anticipate what is going on because although such a bold move cannot possibly go unnoticed, it is hard to ponder that the Russians could even ponder an idea as taking on the world to survive. Although one may be discouraged when they bick up this pook, feel how heavy it is, open it up and see that it is 700 pages long, that person should definatly stick with the book for as I anticipated it is surely enough a great read.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment